Last Updated on
Over the years, Ylang Ylang essential oil has brought healing joy and relief to many with its with its gently effective healing properties. This oil is derived from a tree known as Cananga Odorata, a native of Indonesia and the Philippines. It has many names glorifying its use such as Ylang Ylang, which literally translates to flower of flowers.
The flowers of this tree are distilled to extract the essential oil. This is done through fractional distillation which leads to several grades of the oil being available. The oil provides a wide range of health benefits as seen below.
What Are The Benefits of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil?
Click Here For Reviews And More Details Of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil On Amazon
Ylang Ylang essential oil has been used effectively as an antiseptic, antidepressant, aphrodisiac, antiseborrhoeic, nervine and for hypotensive disorders. There is no other oil that risen to popularity like Ylang Ylang essential oil has with its wide range of uses….
1) Due to its gentle soothing capabilities, it works to uplift emotions and to promote personal wellbeing, and the results are almost instant. Ylang Ylang essential oil is used to relieve health issues such as impotency, stress, insomnia, anxiety and depression.
2) A few drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil can be added to hot bath water which is then inhaled during the bath. Another popular method is putting a few drops in a steaming bowl of water. Cover your head in a towel and inhale the fragrance.
3) Ylang Ylang invokes feelings of deep and languid calm, magically melting away any tension, stress or anxiety you may be feeling. Using an essential oil diffuser will waft the gentle soothing scent of Ylang Ylang essential oil through the room, benefiting everyone emotionally. Ylang Ylangs bright aroma can be used to freshen air at home, in the shower and especially good in the sauna.
4) With chemical compounds like geranyl acetate, p-cresyl methyl ether and methyl benzoate, Ylang Ylang essential oil can be quickly and effectively applied as an antiseptic.
5) When applied in aromatherapy , Ylang Ylang essential oil can relieve high blood pressure effectively.
6) Those with abnormal sebum secretion can apply this essential oil through aromatherapy to effectively normalize their sebum secretions.Ylang Ylang is used to treat motion and sea sickness through products like the herbal Motion-Eaze.
7) Ylang Ylang essential oil is a natural aphrodisiac that works without any long term and dangerous side effects.
Click Here For More Details And The Best Price On Amazon
Are There Side Effects To Using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil?
However, like many other health products, Ylang Ylang essential oil does have its weaknesses and dangers despite its numerous positive benefits and uses. Although most of them are rare, they are still worth noting before you use the essential oil.
People with sensitive and rash prone skins are warned to avoid Ylang Ylang essential oil to avert further irritation. You may opt to use it in very low concentrations with a carrier oil. It is said to interfere with a baby’s development if their pregnant mother uses it, so pregnant women are advised to avoid it.
Higher potency Ylang Ylang essential oil distillate has been known to cause severe headache and nausea in some individuals. Higher doses have been seen to cause the opposite of the intended results.
As can be seen, there are many benefits of using Ylang Ylang essential oil. The oil not only produces a calming effect, it effectively promotes good health.
No comments yet.